Brain Unblocked | Episode 66: Social Media Blocks with Neuroperformance Coach Keely Rodriguez
Have you ever had the Social Media Yips? Let’s say you *know* everything you need to do on the tech side, and you even have the idea for what you want the post to say, but then when it comes time to actually put it online, you freeze (or you clean your baseboards instead). Join me in this inspiring conversation with Keely Rodriguez about all the ways we can use subcortical work to get unstuck as parents, professionals, and even to help us show up better for the many hats we wear.
You don’t want to miss:
- How Keely knew it was time to find a better way to support her sport and performance arts kids who struggled with the mental game of performing
- Keely’s own mental game with social media as an entrepreneur
- The difference between finishing a coaching course vs learning Self-guided Brainspotting.
PLUS, exactly how Keely manages to wear all these hats and still use Self-guided Brainspotting to protect her and her family’s wellbeing.
Keely Rodriguez is a Licensed Professional Counselor and the owner of Mandala Counseling Group. She completed her Bachelor of Science degree, in Speech Communications at the University of Texas at Austin. Following her time at the University of Texas, Keely spent five years writing speeches for two-state Senators at the Texas State Legislature in Austin, Texas. After marrying her husband Michael and moving to Brownsville, Keely spent fifteen years working in the pharmaceutical industry for Pfizer and Bristol Myers Squibb as a national award-winning salesperson. In 2015 Keely left the pharmaceutical industry and returned to graduate school to pursue a Master’s of Education in Counseling and Guidance at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley where she graduated top of her class.
In 2018 Keely opened Mandala Counseling Group. Mandala is six counselor group that provides mental health services for children, teens, adults, couples and families in the Rio Grande Valley and across the state of Texas. As an EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Certified Trauma Counselor and a Brainspotting trained therapist Keely specializes in severe trauma cases where she helps adult men and women overcome symptoms of anxiety, depression and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She hopes to continue to expand the Mandala Counseling Group to meet the mental health needs of Cameron and Hidalgo counties. Keely is the mother of two college-aged children and has been married to her husband, Michael, for 23 years. In her free time, Keely loves to teach yoga, sing in her church choir, and perform at the local theater.
Links and resources:
- Keely Rodriguez: keelyrodriguez.com
- Find Keely on social media: The Neuroperformance Coach
- Keely Rodriguez on Instagram: @keely_neuroperformancecoach
- Get a Daily Brain Block Buster delivered right to your inbox everyday to nudge you from Groundhog Day to Optimized AF Entrepreneur. Subscribe for free at https://carolynrobistow.net/daily
- Download your free body scan meditation so you can take the first step toward subcortical healing https://carolynrobistow.net/bodyscan
- Stuck on the Groundhog Day Drinker’s Cycle of Shame? Download the free E-book: Mistaken Moderation now at https://carolynrobistow.net/mistakes
- Follow me on Instagram: @carolynrobistow
- Brainspotting by Dr. David Grand https://amzn.to/3AvtiNK
- Email me at [email protected]
Listen here or to any of these platforms